Friday, March 19, 2010

Love Yourself.

There is a journey we all have to go through. All of us. No matter what your creed, race or identity is.
This society so focused on lust and the notion of what romantic love is that in the process it is so easy to forget to love yourself.

Forgive your bad actions. I think we are our biggest enemy. People can compliment you, people can praise you. They can tell you inspire you and they respect you - but it will all mean nothing if you can't do the same thing for yourself.

See I know what my problem is. I have this weird idea that I am not allowed to make mistakes. Though I forgive too easily, somehow I can't when it comes to me. I beat myself up. For every little thing. I am my worst enemy. I make myself cry, I fill my own head with how I am not worth it all. I can't blame anyone but myself.

You know the thing they say, you gotta love yourself for someone else to love you. Its god damn true. Cliche for a reason. Loving yourself is not easy. You know yourself best. We all know our weakness, no matter how much in denial we are about it, we know it. So of course its easy to hate ourselves. Its easy to see only the bad in yourself and forget easily, very easily what you are and what you are capable of.

I have these phases where I start beating myself up for mistakes gone, and before I know it I am obsessing on how I screwed up. And I make it such a big deal in my head that I forget how far I have come from mistakes, how I am better cause of it and for it.

Loving yourself. Truly unconditionally. Accepting that its okay to not be perfect. Acceptance. Tolerance. And still Unconditional Love.

Nurturing your own self. All of those things are important. Truth is - no one matters. The only thing that matters at the end of the day is when you look at yourself in the mirror and what you think of yourself. Can you and will you give yourself a pat on the back. Will you be your own advocate?

I am learning to finally forgive, accept and love myself. My dears, its not easy but I hope to get there eventually.

Maybe one of these days I'll have news that I looked at myself in the mirror and was really happy for who I was. One of these days.

Quote of the Day: You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. Buddha


Appropriate Lyrics:

 It's my life
Don't you forget
It's my life
It never ends

I've asked myself
How much do you commit yourself?

It's my life
Don't you forget
Caught in the crowd
It never ends.





Song of the Day: It's My Life by No Doubt




\


------
Yeh Sab Ki Toh Life Hai.

3 comments:

Roshni said...

This relates to the post on the other blog... and like I said...realising that in itself makes hell of a difference. =p
wo0

Sam said...

This post is so hot :D Amazing. Yes you have to love yourself, be your first priority! It will be be peaches and honey after that.. :)

OnLY OnE..! said...

see my latest post, it makes a hell of a difference but its nothing without the next step or the one after that!!

S - omg, such a compliment :) Thank you. I hope so eh!