Sunday, March 21, 2010

A great day. Was it a date?

The great day started with getting up late, and heading out with my first outing with a guy in over in a really long time.

We went to eat lunch at Bombay Chutney, I don't know why I took him there but I did. We had chilli paneer and chola (how I love chola). And then after the meal when I went to wash my hands, he had placed a lottery ticket on my phone. $3 worth. For the 41 million jackpot. We then told each other what we would do with the 2 million (cause we were both going to donate the rest of it.) And he paid for lunch, I thought that was unnecessary but since so much was left over and I insisted since he lived by himself that he take it home, I guess he felt he had to pay for lunch. He told me it was his treat, I joked that he should have told me before cause I didn't order dessert.

We went to shoppers. Turns out we are not 41 million dollars richer. Who would have thought? Oh well.


Then we got lost for a bit, and then found our way to Ikea. Had a wonderful time picking out furniture, making him look at all the feminine items like candles and red textiles :P. So much fun! It also got me totally excited cause I would be doing all of this again in a couple of months but for my OWN PLACE!! Woot. Can't wait. But seriously, we picked his bed and side tables and other nice stuff.

We paid. And then we went to an ice cream place. And we talked for two hours about random shit while I ate my huge ice cream in a cup. I paid this time. Only fair no?

And then he dropped me to where I had parked my car at Bombay Chutney.

Today: I had such an awesome time, such honest conversation. Such cool conversation and so much laughter. We kept bursting into laughs at the store and people looked at us weird. Probably thought we were a couple. I know at the restaurant they definitely thought so.

So all in all, I hung out with him for 8 hours! That is such a long time. Exchanged some texts after that. Thanks and all that. Cause we're both so polite in that sense. He sent me a couple of songs from his CD too, and thanks again.

And then of course the questions from the parents started - what does he do? where does he work? how did you guys meet again? After answering what seemed like a million questions (but were only three), I asked why they were asking all this. Just like that was the answer. Everyone knows when someone says JUST LIKE THAT, they don't mean just like that.

And then I came home and cleared out my purse and my wallet and actually transferred stuff into a new kickass wallet. And that totally totally made me so happy. Little things do that to me. I went downstairs to show my mom like I was a 5 year old child. It was just the icing on the cake I tell you.

And by then it was like 9:30pm, so I tried reading Catch 22 cause Chhavi (which btw is my sister and also the person that took that above kickass header picture), really really thinks its an awesome book and I should read.
 Its 420 something pages, that scared me. So I read 15. Went and helped my mom with this editorial thingy she has to write and viola here I am.

Today was a great day. And I see him again next Sunday for Atif's and Shreya's concert. I don't know what we are or where we stand. All I know is, I have fun with him. And for now that is just good enough.
:)

Quote of the Day: “From small beginnings come great things.” - Proverb Quotes.

Song of the Day: Aao Na - Kyun Ho Gaya Na

 

Appropriate Lyrics:

Ghunji Si Hai Sari Fiza Jaise Bajti Ho Shehnaiyaan
Leherati Hai Mehki Hawa Gungunati Hain Tanhaiyaan
Sab Gaate Hain Sab Hi Madhosh Hain
Hum Tum Kyun Khamosh Hain
Saaz - E- Dil Chedo Na
Chup Ho Kyun Gaavon Na
Aao Na.. Ao Na... Aao Na... Aao Na...
 
Yeh Hua Kya Humein Hum Ko Samjhaoo Na...(2)
Sab Gaate Hain ...Khamosh Hain
Dil Mein Jo Baatein Hai
Hdton Pe Laoo Na
Aao Na... Aao Na...

6 comments:

Americanising Desi said...

my small beginning is yet to happen!

but a commendable post :)

OnLY OnE..! said...

its a small step, and your small beginning is just around the corner.
Patience :)

Roshni said...

jee haan it counts as a date.
on another note.. I LOVE ATIF ASLAM. HES MINE MINE MINE =|

Sam said...

:) And another smile.. And another one.. Deeper.

I am so happy to see you happy Shru. Really. I wish i could tell you..

And btw. Atif and Shreya's concert goin to be alot of fun. Keep us posted :D

OnLY OnE..! said...

No dude, Atif is so mine. Don't even try to think otherwise :P

Samar - you did ;). In your own sweet way :)
I'll keep you guys posted for sure.

The Enchantress said...

i am so...happy for u..
looks like u r out of d dilemna...god bless u baby...