Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The 1st Special Day

This is my first post on this blog.
Every first post should be special. But last few days have not been that.
Perhaps I am being too hard on myself.

What was amazing about the last two days however was the weather. It was gorgeous outside. 15 degrees yesterday and 18 degrees today.

After having a crappy day yesterday and a crappy morning today, I got out - went to the doctors to collect my lab reports, got my eyebrows done and did grocery shopping and a chore for my mom. All the while enjoying the bright sun, I drove with blasting music and windows done.

And to top it off, I got a call from brok3n that totally made my day.

And now I plan on taking a nice nature hike around my neighbourhood, enjoy the sunset and amazing weather.

Quote for the Day:


Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. Albert Einstein.

Song of the Day:


Pocketful of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield . Most of the lyrics fit me today.




Appropriate Lyrics:

Do what you want,
but you're never gonna break me,
sticks and stones are never gonna shake me
oh,oh,oh

I got pocket,
Got a pocket full of sunshine

Wish that you could,
but you ain't gonna own me
do anything you can to control me
oh,oh,oh

There's a place that I go
That nobody knows
Where the rivers flow
And I call it home
And there's no more lies
And the darkness is light
And nobody cries
there's only butterflies

The sun is on my side
Take me for a ride
I smile up to the sky
I know I'll be alright

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the color.. The flower as a header makes it so refreshing :D

OnLY OnE..! said...

Thank you! What do you think of the content?

Roshni said...

This song is such a perfect way to start. I am so glad you finally got to do it..Its a great idea to look at life from a more optimisitic point of view ....and when you look back, you're gonna' have a thread of memories and things you can feel good about from within!
*hugs hugs*

Roshni said...

stupid apparently nice anon beat me to the first comment. Dang.

OnLY OnE..! said...

brok3n - yipeeeee. I know. I hope I can carry through this.

lol. guys. guys. learn to share the space. brok3n be more welcoming :P.

Unknown said...

:D Yay.. ! I won. I agree with brok3n. Song's amazing and so is the content. And with this new blog, promise yourself you'll see the life with a brighter and optimistic view..! Lets create more good memories to rejoice! *hugs*

OnLY OnE..! said...

I love your name Samar, I dont think Ive said that yet. Random I know!

I always have tried to look at it positively but failed many times. Today this blog is a reason to always be positive :)

Cheers to good memories!

Unknown said...

And we all love you.. You are so precious for us. Thankyou for liking my name, but do you know that Samar means War in Hindi?! :D And in Urdu its fruity. Lol. What a flip! :D

And Yes, dont worry about the failures hun, life can be funny :)

OnLY OnE..! said...

haha I can't believe how nice you are :)
:)

Samar in hindi is war? and fruity n urdu? possibly the only word that is so different in both the languages, don't you think? I still love it though :)

Life is a tragic comedy. Just buckle up and get ready to cry, cry, cry till you end up laughing ;).

The Enchantress said...

soooollllly baby.....
m so...late to comment on ur frst blog....i vl have to search u to get your updates.....
sooollllllyyyy....

have a great beginning.....